Cassia's Community Development Program aims to:
- Increase the quality of life of Holroyd residents on an individual, familial and community level
- Empower residents of Holroyd so they may be actively involved in, and make informed choices about, decisions that affect them and their community
- Develop long-term sustainability and continuity through sound management and strong financial support
- Improve the business sector's awareness of the diversity within the community sector in Holroyd
The Association, through its projects, works with the residents of Holroyd with a particular focus on:
- Older people
- People with a disability
- People from a non-English speaking background
- Families with children
- Indigenous Australians
- Other disadvantaged people
We attempt to address larger social issues such as:
- The local environment
- Public safety
- Aboriginal Reconciliation
- any other issues which are raised by the community and are of concern to them.
Many of these needs are met by the work of our major project, Cassia Community Centre, and the community development worker working together with other agencies with similar aims in our area.
These are the projects that we currently run. Click on the project name to view the details.